FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULES
Chapter 11 in your textbook discusses the types and effects of different work schedules typically used in organizations. One that has become very popular with employees is flexible schedules, that allow employees to choose to some extent the hours they work. The US government has conducted surveys to find out how prevalent this type of schedule is in the United States. Summaries of this research can be found on the US Bureau of Labor Statistics website.
1. Read the section of your textbook on flexible work schedules in Chapter 11 for some background.
1. Go to the links page and go to US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
2. You will find a list of reports, which are a gold mine of information about the US workforce.
3. Find reports on flexible work schedules.
4. Prepare a written report summarizing how prevalent these schedules are. Do you see any patterns in certain types of industries or people having fixed versus flexible schedules?
HINT: Be sure and take notes as you go, or download the information for later use.
Copyright notice: Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this webpage are copyrighted by Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. They can be used free of charge for noncommercial educational and research purposes. In other words, instructors and students can make use of these materials for their own classes. The selling of these materials in part or whole is not permitted.
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved, November 16, 2011.