Chapter 7 in your textbook discusses how organizations throughout the world spend $billions per year on training employees. The US government has conducted surveys to find out how much of this activity is done. Summaries of this research can be fou nd on the US Bureau of Labor Statistics website. It provides a good indication of just how prevalent training is.
1. Read the section on training needs assessment in chapter 7 of your textbook for some background.
2. Go to the links page and go to US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
3. Go to Surveys and Programs. You will find a list of reports, which are a gold mine of information about the US workforce.
4. Find reports on training.
5. Prepare a written report summarizing how much training is done and at what cost. Do you see any patterns in certain types of industries or people having comparatively more or less training or types of training?
HINT: Be sure and take notes as you go, or download the information for later use.
Copyright notice: Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this webpage are copyrighted by Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. They can be used free of charge for noncommercial educational and research purposes. In other words, instructors and students can make use of these materials for their own classes. The selling of these materials in part or whole is not permitted.
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved, November 16, 2011.