Practice Exam: Chapter 9, Job Satisfaction
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. List five job facets.
2. List Hofstede's four work values that have been used to compare countries.
3. Which job satisfaction instrument has been the most popular with researchers?
4. List the five core characteristics of the Hackman and Oldham job characteristics model.
5. Define the two forms of role conflict.
6. What is a chronic kicker and who invented the term?
7. Are men or women more satisfied with their jobs?
8. Job satisfaction has been well established by research to be a cause of …
9. Define the three types of organizational commitment.
10. Organizational commitment has been found to relate most strongly to…
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 23, 2002.