Practice Exam: Chapter 8, Employee Motivation
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. What are the three areas in which motivation affects behavior?
2. What does it mean that a need theory is a distal theory?
3. List the five needs from Maslow's need hierarchy theory.
4. According to Herzberg, which type of factors are relevant to job satisfaction and which to job dissatisfaction?
5. State the law of effect.
6. List and define the three components that lead to force in the expectancy theory formula.
7. A person's belief that he or she is capable of accomplishing a task is called…
8. What are the two components in the equity theory ratio?
9. What are the five steps of the action process of German action theory?
10. A person's own self-fulfilling prophecy concerning their own capabilities is called the …
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 23, 2002.