Practice Exam: Chapter 7, Training
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. List the five steps of an effective training program.
2. What are the three levels of training needs assessment?
3. The application of training back to the job itself is called…
4. Define the concept of identical elements.
5. The purpose of overlearning is to get people to achieve the state of _____ in doing job tasks.
6. Distinguish massed from spaced training and note which is generally more effective for learning.
7. What is the major disadvantage of E-learning?
8. Any training method that is self-paced is called…
9. What are the four types of training criteria?
10. What is the major drawback of the pretest-posttest design?
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 23, 2002.