Practice Exam: Chapter 6, Selecting Employees
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. What is the first step in acquiring new employees?
2. What is the best source from which to recruit employees?
3. What are the five steps in conducting a validation study?
4. What is the difference between a concurrent and predictive validation study?
5. The idea that a test valid in one organization will be valid in others is called?
6. A program in which job applicants are given accurate information about what to expect is a job is called a…
7. What is utility analysis?
8. What is the optimal baserate that gives the maximum utility?
9. The U.S. government guidelines for how legal selection should be done is called…
10. Who must by law have an affirmative action program?
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 23, 2002.