Practice Exam: Chapter 3, Job Analysis
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. What are the four levels of the hierarchy for functions of a job, listed in order from most general to most specific?
2. What are KSAOs?
3. What is a career ladder?
4. What are activities or tasks that must be done by people in a job?
5. What is a subject matter expert?
6. Which means of collecting job analysis information is most efficient and why?
7. Which method of job analysis was developed in Great Britain to help students choose careers?
8. What is the name of the U.S. government online database of job analysis information?
9. What is a job evaluation?
10. Define comparable worth?
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified September 5, 2002.