Practice Exam: Chapter 14, Organizational Development and Theory
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. What is organizational development?
2. The person who facilitates organizational change and development is a…
3. List the five steps of a management by objectives (MBO) program.
4. The technique that begins with a job satisfaction (or attitude) survey is…
5. Which method of OD has lost popularity because of ineffectiveness?
6. List the four characteristics of a bureaucracy.
7. The theory of organizations that suggests management attitudes determine subordinates behave is…
8. What is the basic idea of open system theory?
9. Define joint optimization and note from which theory it comes.
10. If I allow my subordinates to solve their own work problems, I have incorporated which principle?
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 23, 2002.