Practice Exam: Chapter 12, Work Groups and Teams
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. List the three distinguishing characteristics of a work team.
2. Define the two types of roles.
3. What happens when a person violates a production norm?
4. An increase in task performance due to the presence of other people is called?
5. What is social loafing?
6. What form of brainstorming seems to be effective as compared to nominal groups?
7. List the four factors that can lead to groupthink.
8. What are the advantages of autonomous work groups?
9. _________ refers to a variety of interventions designed to enhance group functioning by putting members through a series of exercises with a trainer.
10. Define group polarization.
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 23, 2002.