Practice Exam: Chapter 11, Occupational Health Psychology
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. What are the two most serious diseases health care workers are at risk for contracting?
2. The overuse injury that is associated with too much computer use is…
3. State the two major health problems associated with night shift work.
4. The most consistently found benefit of flextime is…
5. List the five steps in the job stress process.
6. Define the two forms of workload.
7. List two negative effects of machine paced work.
8. According to the demand/control model, under what conditions will increased job demands (job stressors) not result in increased strains?
9. Which type of occupation is the most dangerous in terms of accidents?
10. State the three dimensions of burnout and a result of each.
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 23, 2002.