Practice Exam: Chapter 10, Employee Behavior
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. What are the three sets of factors that determine job performance?
2. List the big five dimensions of personality.
3. What is the relation between age and job performance?
4. According to job characteristics theory, which type of person would perform better in a job that is high in its motivation potential score, MPS?
5. The field that deals with the interface between people and technology is called…
6. A conceptual understanding of how something works is called a…
7. What is organizational citizenship behavior, OCB?
8. What seem to be the two major contributors to absence behavior?
9. Under what conditions will job satisfaction and intention to quit result in turnover?
10. Under what conditions will a person who feels frustrated and dissatisfied at work resort to counterproductive behavior?
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 23, 2002.