Practice Exam: Chapter 1, Introduction
Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice 3rd ed.
The best way to take this exam is to answer each question on a piece of paper, and then click the answer link at the bottom of this page to check your answers. Keep in mind that there can be several ways to phrase an answer, so if you aren't sure if your answer is correct, ask your instructor.
1. What are the two major settings in which we find I/O psychologists?
2. Who are the five historical figures noted as the founders of the I/O field?
3. Which two people are credited with receiving the first I/O Ph.D.?
4. What is the major focus of I/O psychology in Scandinavia?
5. What do you need to be considered a full-fledged I/O psychologist in the U.S.?
6. In the U.S., the major association of I/O psychologists is called?
7. What are the four current trends affecting I/O psychology today?
8. In which setting do you find the largest percentage of I/O psychologists?
9. What are the two major means of disseminating I/O research results?
10. What is Occupational Health Psychology?
Copyright Paul E. Spector, All rights reserved. Last modified July 22, 2002.